Alright people. We're going to do things a little differently around here today because, well, quite honestly I feel like changing it up a bit. Plus I'm pressed for time and don't feel like thinking about the answers to the infamous "bump date" survey. Gotta keep ya guessing at all times, right?!
How about we get straight to the point in none other than bullet point fashion? (Gah. Love me some bullet points. Don't you?!)
- As of today, we're 33 weeks and 3 days. Holy. Hell. Less than 7 weeks to go.
- My mom was a week and a half early with me, and almost 2 weeks early with my brother. Seeing that my pregnancy has been pretty identical to hers (and early deliveries are hereditary...or so I've read), this pretty much means I have like 5 weeks to go. While the uncomfortableness inside and knowing we could possibly have a baby in that short amount of time makes me over the moon excited...the labor/delivery process scares the daylights out of me.
- As the days go by, I get more and more nervous about how the end of this whole pregnancy journey will end. It's honestly been (dare I say?) enjoyable up until this point so I just pray it continues to stay that way.
- Part 1 of our childbirth class was last weekend (part 2 is this weekend) and against what everyone has said, I am actually glad we signed up for these. Though the breathing exercises are a JOKE (Seriously...who's going to remember which breathing technique to use when you have a mini human coming out of your girly parts?), I can say I did actually enjoy learning the whole process of knowing when you're in labor, when to come to the hospital, how they check you for progress, what the epidural looks like (YIKES) and how the entire epidural process works. And though the nurse teaching is the most monotone, unexciting creature ever, she did make me feel more comfortable about the whole process and that no matter what happens, mine and the baby's health is their #1 priority.
- We have 99% of the nursery COMPLETE! Like, clothes in the drawers, stuff on the walls, sheets on the bed...complete!! Though I despise the store and it's Lego-like furniture, I'll be making an Ikea haul this weekend to get drawer and closet organizers so hopefully this weekend I can snap pics and post about it next week!
- Maternity clothes...no one told me I would grow out of them. Talk about an awesome feeling...#not
- We've started taking the stroller with us on our walks with Oakley in hopes of teaching her to walk next to it without acting a fool. Though I feel completely silly walking by people with a pink teddy bear in the car seat and an 8-month bump, this was really important for Beau and I to do and surprisingly enough, Oakley didn't act like a complete hoodlum during the process! She was a little interested/weary of the new big black accessory on wheels, but overall, she did well!
- My hair. I can't get enough of it right now. Though it needs a trim (big time), it's so thick and full and I am honestly soaking up this pregnancy perk.
- My belly ALSO feels equally huge. HUGE. Especially at the end of the day. Who am I kidding? Everything from the neck down feels huge these days. I can definitely see why women say the last 2 months are "uncomfortable".
- My belly button is on its way out...and quickly. It's become completely flat and I know it's only a matter of time before I have an outty.
- The dress I'm wearing in this week's pic...omg. I can't get enough of it. I found it on major clearance at Gap and of course, now they're sold out in my size. Just my luck. It's literally the softest material ever and because it's spaghetti strap, I plan on doubling it as a nursing dress.
- Things that have become rather interesting thanks to the bump...putting shoes on, shaving, putting on lotion, wiping (just being honest here), getting in and out of bed all 18 times in the middle of the night, hmmm...what else?!
- Also, watermelon, crushed ice and smoothies...I could make a meal out of these three "food" items. And sometimes I do. The day watermelon season ends will be, quite possibly, the saddest day of the year. (Only slightly exaggerating there...but really. I will be one sad mofo.)
And that's a wrap. I've got things to do. Places to go. People to see. And more importantly, coffee to drink. ;) Ta ta!