Over the past few days of planning, I have realized a few things:
- Flowers for a wedding are far too overpriced, especially considering that I designed the centerpieces and all the florist has to do it stick flowers in the pre-put-together vases and drop them off at the reception site. And yes, delivery is an extra charge too. But really...$32 per centerpiece which only has SIX gerber daisies in it???? I don't think so lady...
- I really want a string quartet to play our ceremony music. Sure, all wedding music is beautiful, but it's TEN TIMES MORE BEAUTIFUL when there are real people playing real music on real instruments. I'm going to have to find a way to fit these people in our budget. (I just now realized this while at the Bridal Extravaganza. I thought my mother was going to have to escort me away from their booth...)
- For the next 9 months, I have every excuse to get my nails done...AND pay for it with the "wedding funds"! It's amazing how fake nails can make that little ring look even better!
- ...that aisle I'm supposed to walk down...is really, really freaking long. Just sayin'...
- We have too many friends. Our guest list is creeping up to 400. (Jesus, that's rediculous.) I told Beau he cannot make any more friends between now and April 16, 2011.
- It's really hard for me to delegate things out to people. I've always been the type to just do it myself to make sure it gets done right so this is definitely a challenge for me.
I'm sure these are the first of many realizations I will have before the big day but one thing I do know for sure is that I cannot wait to wake up to Beau's beautiful smile and bright blue eyes every morning for the rest of our lives! ((so exciting!!!)