Since Blogger is being a real a$$ right now by not uploading ANY of my pics, I have something better for you.
Although we did not hire a professional videographer for our wedding, Beau's sweet cousin Todd volunteered to tape our entire ceremony (yes, all 16 minutes) from the balcony of his hotel room.
It my not be thee most perfect, high quality video but dangit, I got to watch the past year of planning come together, I saw myself look and feel more beautiful than ever and last but definitely not least, I will be able to watch myself marry my best friend over and over and over again and that, my friends, is what it's all about.
So I hope you can excuse the little bugs, which, for the record, I never knew about until this video, and the glare from the sunlight and enjoy this as much as I do! :)
A few side notes (in no particular order):
1. At about 10:43, you see me giggle. I must spill. When we were repeating our vows Beau said (I quote),"With this wing, I the wed." I die.
2. I am absolutely LOVING the sprays my florist put on the gazebo. That woman is the shizz.
3. At 11:35, when we walk off to the right side of the screen, we decided to do a sand ceremony rather than a unity candle. This, by the way, was thee longest sand pouring experience I've ever participated in... (ok so it's the only sand ceremony I've ever participated in but still...) Also, this is what you see the mom's doing at the very beginning of the ceremony.
4. The 1st reader that stands is my uncle Mark, my dad's brother, who did a memory reading in honor of my dad. The 2nd gentlemen that stands up is Beau's uncle who led the Lord's Prayer.
5. For my music selection, I went with acoustic versions of the wedding party processional and for the bridal chorus. Best. Choice. Ever. And the song that comes on when Beau and I exit is a string quartet version of Taylor Swift's "Love Story" :)
6. We never practiced "the kiss" so I was a little shocked when he planted a second one on me. ;)
7. I don't know whose bright idea it was to put the microphone in front of my bridesmaids but that idea sucked. Period. I mean, really? (My only complaint...)
8. Why did I hold my bouquet at boob-height the whole way down the aisle AFTER both coordinators specifically instructed me to hold it further down?! Jeee-sus!
9. When Beau took my hand from my brother, he whispered in my ear "You look beautiful." *tear* It was so sweet!!
10. I must say I was very proud of myself for not completely losing it. I remember 1 tear falling as my brother walked me down the aisle and a couple more when we repeated our vows but other than that, I did WAYYYY better than I ever thought homegirl could EVER do!
For future brides, I think you will be very surprised with yourself the moment you see your groom...it's such an overwhelmingly happy and exciting moment that you can't do anything but smile! Once you're hand is in his, it's like the whole world disappears. Literally. This probably explains why I never heard any of the music, noticed any of the flowers or even noticed many of our guests during the entire ceremony. It's such a special moment that only happens once :)