Whether I've coaxed you into doing "Yeast-Free With Me" or not, I think we can all use a little pep talk when it comes to what we put in our mouths.
As a famous Kardashian once said,
"A minute at the lips is a lifetime at the hips."
Ok so I don't fully live out this philosophy by said Kardashian sister. Nor would I ever live out any philosophy by any of the Kardashian sisters but that's not my point. I'm all about indulging in yourself every once in a while. Keywords here: "every once in a while".
Let's talk food, shall we?
Y'all. The response to my last post regarding the yeast-free diet was overwhelming. A good kind of overwhelming. I cannot begin to tell you how excited I was to find 130+ notes in my lil' ol' inbox with your kind words, your goals you've set for yourself in 2012 and just the overall feeling of a happier, healthier year. I'm confident the giveaway had nothing to do with it. ;)
I was so excited about how many of y'all were committing to this lifestyle change that I even admitted to my boss that I would be checking my blog every hour on the hour to see what the response would be. She just smiled. (I think she thinks blogging is weird. Whatevs.)
Anywho...where were we?
Oh! Food. That's right.
So one of THE main questions I've gotten and that I actually get all the time (because 80% of what I eat is yeast-free) is "WHAT DO YOU EAT??!!"
So girls, I'm here to tell you.
First things first...I do not do recipes with a crap ton of ingredients that either A) I can't pronounce B) I've never heard of or C) I don't know where to find. Half the time, I don't even use recipes. I don't like having to follow rules as it is so I'm definitely not going to follow a recipe if I don't have to. Deal? Deal.
Second, cook in bulk. Not only does this cover at least 2-4 of your meals but you can freeze it for future meals. Soups and chili are the best for this. Mother taught me this. Friggin' genius.
And last, always remember...the simpler, the better. Stick with what you know but be creative.
(Sidenote: many of you may or may not know that I also write for my company's blog which means I will be linking there often for a lot of these recipes.)
Get your printers ready, cuz here we go!
1. Scrambled eggs/egg whites with turkey/Canadian bacon: 1/2 avocado and/or salsa on top of your eggs!
2. Sausage balls: 1 roll of Jimmy Dean All-Natural sausage + 1 cup garbanzo bean flour. Mix together. Roll into walnut sized balls. Bake on 350 for 20 minutes.
3. Protein shake (sans fruit for first 2 wks): 8 oz. unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 scoop Jay Robb vanilla whey protein powder, 1 tbsp nut butter, dash of cinnamon, ice. Blend. Voila!
4. Breakfast cookie: God Bless Katie for sharing this recipe with me.
Oh! Hai there, beautiful!
5. Pumpkin Muffins: Need I say more?!
1. Leftovers: always make enough the night before to carry you through lunch the next day. I cannot express this enough. Lunch is boring anyways. Might as well try to spice it up as much as possible.
2. Chipotle burrito bowl: Yes. I said "Chipotle". No rice, no cheese, no corn.
Both beans. Any meat. Add guac. Done son.
3. Amy's Black Bean Chili: I always have 2+ cans of this on hand at all times. When all else fails...this schtuff is pretty darn good!
1. Chili: I use large cans of black and kidney beans to give it more fiber. Adding extra beans also makes "more" so it typically lasts me longer.
I don't know if you can find this mix in any other states than TX and LA but if you can find any chili mix with no flour/sugar in the "ingredients" list, BUY IT. If not, use the ingredients from this package and make your own! (chili, onion, salt, cumin, garlic, oregano).
2. Chicken Tortilla Soup: I use 5 chicken breasts so it makes more.
3. Taco Wraps: Even Beau likes these!
4. Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti: We have this weekly.
2. Nuts: almonds, cashews, pecans. pistachios, peanuts, you name it. (Remember: NO "honey roasted"!!)
3. Terra Chips (original only!) & hummus
4. Celery & sugar-free peanut butter
Vodka/soda. All I'm sayin'.
Here we are. At a bar. Watching football. On day 5 of the YF diet. Still alive.
This CAN be done.
If Beau can do it, so can you.
My giveaway will be ending Monday so if you wanna score yoself some new running shorts and other health-minded goodies, sign up today!!