There are many things in this life of mine I'd like to accomplish. (Believe it or not.) I've "thought" about my bucket list for about 5.2 seconds until I realized my list was far too broad. There was no "timeframe" or really any rhyme or reason to itso I figured I'd be a little more simple and get myself organized with a more reasonable list of goals for myself...the good ol' 30 before 30. (30 things to accomplish before my 30th birthday...for you special kids out there.)
I can't believe my 30th (& golden) birthday is only a mere 3 years and some odd months away. Wasn't I just 16, like, yesterday?
Oh no. That was 10 years ago. Shiiiiizzzz.
Anywho...I've been working on this list-o-mine for a while now. Four months to be exact. Some of them are big, others may seem minor, but what I will personally gain from accomplishing them will be much larger than some ravish vacation in the Wine Country. (But don't get me wrong...that ravish vacay IS on my list. #5, to be exact.)
Oh, and since I started working on this a few months ago, I've already been able to cross off one of them! (Kinda like making a to-do list and listing something you've already done? It just feels better to get one thing crossed out...same principle applies here.)
- Pay for someone else's meal anonymously
Witness a proposal(Double check. Here & here!)
- Be a maid of honor
- Learn graphic design
- Drink wine in Napa
- Learn how to shoot in manual (& be semi-decent at it)
- Make double mortgage payments once/year
- Pack only in a carry on for a trip
- Eat a raw diet for 3 days straight
- Turn my blog into a book
- Write a gratitude for a full year - in progress!
- Find a church and go regularly
- Swim in Lake Michigan
- Grow blog to 6,500 followers
- Send handwritten cards once/week
- Renew our vows in April 2016
- Have a baby
- Go an entire week without social media
- Host a party all on my own
- Start a new family tradition
- Take a vacation with just Beau and myself
- Visit my family in Tennessee
- Send my mom on a vacation
- Get a puppy
- Be a leader in my company
- Buy Beau a Ford Raptor...in cash
- Wake up at 5am every week day
- Work out 3 times per week before work
- Rebuild savings account to at least $25,000
- Pay it forward in a really BIG way
So there. 30 before 30. I figure if I accomplish 10 a year, I'll be doing good.
In saying that, can you take a stab at what my New Year's Resolution is?
Ok. It's to accomplish 11 things on my list (since one of them is already knocked out.) It's never too late to get a little ahead of the game. ;)
Happy New Year, loves! Now go out there and rock 2013 like nobody's business, will ya?!