Well, my friends, another Thursday is upon us and that can only mean 3 things...
1. Only one more day til Friday
2. Only ONE MORE SLEEP TIL I'M AN AUNT! (Yes! Tomorrow is THE day!!!)
3. It's time for Saw it. Pinned it. Did it!
Did you recreate a pin and blog about it?! Link up with us, wouldya?!
This week's inspiration came from this glorious photo below. As soon as I spotted the chickpeas, I knew it was meant to be. Y'all...my cravings for hummus have been worse than that of an 8 month pregnant woman craving a pound of froyo on a nightly basis. No lie. I'm almost ashamed to say I've been eating it off of a spoon every single day for going on several weeks now...
You know your addiction is bad when you start calculating the ways to make to MOST amount of hummus for the LEAST amount of money. Shoot...when you go through 3 tubs/week, that stuff adds up, y'all!
Alas...hummus addicts unite!
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 C tahini
- 1/2 C olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled & sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- dash of pickle juice
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder (I used MUCH more + fresh garlic)
Toss all your 'gredients into the blender (or Ninja) and blend well. Add water if needed. Tweak ingredients to meet your tastebud's likings. (I added extra garlic, garlic salt & pepper) Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy any way you like...on veggies, chips, crackers...or...straight off a spoon. ;)
*NOTE: this recipe made a TON! I didn't measure it but if I had to guess I'd say at least 2-3 cups! Lets just say my hummustooth will be satisfied for a while!
Stephanie tested. Husband approved.
1. Link up using the linky tool below.
2. Link back to mine & Katie's blogs in your post so other people can know where to find the link up!
3. Paste our button (HTML code below) at the bottom of your post.
4. Visit & re-pin other blog images to get new inspiration and find new friends!
Come back and join us every Thursday for Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.
We promise we'll love you forever! ;)