this fabulous iron stag head for months...maybe even a year now, and finally, Beau made all my stag head dreams come true when he mounted it above our bed this past weekend. While some girls prefer pretty paintings or mirrors, or even framed photos above their beds, this girl, not so much. Give me a dead animal and I'm happier than a bird with a french fry. Especially a dead animal that comes in the form of iron, and can be bought at a store, and didn't require me to fork up a few thousand dollars to go send my husband to shoot one for me.
It's safe to say my bed and side tables are complete. I mean, 19 (yes...that's a 1-9.) pillows in enough. 3 euro pillows, 6 king size pillows, 2 standard pillows, 2 kind size decorative pillows and 6 throw pillows should suffice. Right? And don't even blame me for all this. Beau is a pillow HOARDER. He literally goes and steals every pillow off of every other bed in our house and uses it on our bed until we have guests over. I blame him.
I said I was about 90% done decorating our bedroom because the other 10% is missing in this photo. I'm still searching for the perfect addition to go above our dresser. A large mirror? Another animal head? A gallery wall? Heck. I'll figure it out one of these days. Until then, I'll continue to enjoy this big blank wall that's been there for over a year now.
Bedding Collection is Ralph Lauren Villa Martine (only sold on eBay now) | Lamps (similar)
I've been extremely patient when it comes to decorating our house. Yes-we've been in it for over a year now but I decided when we first moved in that I was going to think long and hard about every hole I put into my walls, every piece of furniture that we'd be purchasing and every decorative item I've had my eyeball on. Being the most impatient person to grace this planet, I've really surprised myself with this but I decided early on that I wanted to decorate our house the right way, not the quick way.
And I'm glad I waiting patiently for my precious stag to arrive. ;) He completes me.
It's still a major work in progress but what do you think?!